Google Camera mode is one of the best things that has happened to budget smartphone photography in recent years. The only problem with the Google Camera model or GMM is that it does not work with all devices. It is especially difficult for Redmi devices to find the latest Redmi Note 7 and Note 7 Pro in the latest GCam model. And while there is a way to install GCam on an Android device, the process is more complicated and not meant for everyone. That’s why we’re always on the lookout for modded GCam APKs that make the installation process easier.
We regularly test multiple GCam modes from different developers, and finally, we found the GCam mode best suited for the Redmi Note 7 and Note 7 Pro. The best part is that since these devices already come with a capable Camera 2 API, you don’t have to root them to use GCam mode. So, if you have a Redmi Note 7 or Note 7 Pro, here you can install Gammock mode on your device.
Install the Google Camera on Redmi Note 7 and Note 7 Pro
1. Download the GCam APK and open the APK file. The device may ask for your permission when installing a third-party application outside of the Play Store. Just tap Settings and Allow.
2. Go back and tap the Install button. After the installation process, click on the Open button to launch the application.
At Redmi Note 7, GCam works flawlessly. The default settings work on both portrait mode and night vision without messing. Not only does the slow-motion currently work, which can be fixed in the coming days. However, in the Redmi Note 7 Pro, there is a slight problem with saturation as the colors of the saturated images wash out. But don’t worry as that problem can be easily fixed.
Fixing GMM’s saturation problem on Redmi Note 7 Pro
1. To fix this problem, simply go to Camera settings and open GCam settings. Scroll down and open the Saturation adjustment.
2. Here, change the default values to 2.0 and 2.4 for both front and rear cameras. Finally, close the GCam application and restart it. Now the GMM app will work on Redmi Note 7 Pro without any problems.
3. If you want to further customize GCam, you can “HDR + Enhance” HDR + mode for more cool and detailed images. Also, GCam settings have advanced HDR + settings in portrait mode, zoom in on portrait taking and some other options you can change to get better photos.